Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Recovering and a little sewing.

So those of you who don't know me in real life, don't know that I have terrible sinuses. I do. Friday I had sinus surgury which was much worse than I'd hoped it would be... (my second surgury in four years). Anyway, I'm very lucky and blessed to have my mom and my mother in law around to help (my mom's in town for the week to help out), especially since DH had to be away for work. I'm feeling a lot better, but definately still much more tired than I think I aught to be. I'm sure that will go with time.

So, I've been away from my sewing machine for a few days. I feel like I loose my sanity a little bit. I definately don't have the energy to get to piecing the back of that quilt that I'd like to get done, or to start on the matching quilt for my neice... but I did manage to get to my machine for about half an hour last night to whip up this little mug rug. I'm still torn about what my partner would like best. I think I am going to just go with my gut and make another one in the colors I love and send her a couple of them. I think my work shows best when I use colors I like. So here it is... I was maybe a little loopy and maybe should have just gone to bed, but whatever. lol.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love it! :) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I think you did a great job. And I vote you go with your colors/style, we all do better that way. Hope you're on the mend soon!! Thanks for linking up on Fabric Tuesday. See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete