Friday, October 15, 2010

I've been busy!

...but not busy sewing!

My mom and brother came in to town for a couple days this week. We went to Ikea which reminds me of all the pretty/shiny/artsy things I'd like to have in my future house. I successfully bought a dust pan, an apple corer, and two candles. Random.

The same day that they left, my friend Alexandra came to visit (after dropping off her fiance at the nearby airport). She's just moved to a place that's only 3 hours from me, rather than 10. It was great to see her and catch up after 5 years!! Some things don't change, and I'm glad that that friendship can be one of them!

Today was my first nap time all week to get something done... and I couldn't decide what to do. I've been wanting to make a sewing machine cover for Nancy (my machine)... I have it basically planned out except I'm so hesitant with picking fabrics. I think I've settled into the colors... having one side blues, the other side pinks, and the top lots of scraps. It will be bound in purple or green with ties of the same. I cut some fabric for it, and barely got started when I just wasn't feeling it. I'm not sure, I may mix up the colors, or just try it again later.


On to the productive part of my day! lol. I did manage to cut and prep the binding for Rosemarie's Quilt. It is pretty great, scrappy pinks and purples that were sent to me with the blocks from some very generous ladies! I can't wait to get it all sewn on!!

Annnnnd... I received these two sweet, amazing, perfectly for me mug rugs in the mail yesterday!! They come from Michelle (MichelleSews). I can't believe they're mine!!! I love them both! The purple one is just absolutely my colors! The scull one has teeny polka dotted piecing which makes my heart jump! DH has already stolen that one! lol. They're perfect!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pinks...it is a gorgeous quilt!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the random things to be purchased at IKEA... and all of the organizational furniture, too!

    I can't wait to see Rosemarie's quilt all finished! I was disappointed with myself, that I wasn't able to help contribute at the time you were collecting squares.

    I love the mug rugs that you received, especially the purple!

    I thought of you today, when I was shopping at JoAnn's...saw the Kona Ash, again (it was on sale $3.99/yd, too!) and they had this lavendar/purple dot fabric on the clearance (I've been drawn to dots lately)...it was $5 per yard and then 50% off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!! I nearly went to that Joann's today too! could you imagine running into eachother? Except I have no idea what you look like! (you'd recognize my green hair though... and the bolt of Kona Ash in my cart!)

    ReplyDelete