Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mug rugs, and bee strips...

They're all over my sewing area!
I have nearly finished cutting fabrics for my month of {Sew} Beautiful Bee (February)... I didn't buy enough Kona Ash... so I'll have to return to the store first!
Today we recieved our partners for the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap 3. So I got right to work attempting some paper piecing which would have to be scaled down by about 200% ...

If my partner bites on it and leaves me a comment I'll continue...but I don't think it's my style enough for it to turn out amazingly. I may incorperate one tiny fishy in there... we'll see. Paper piceing is a little annoying - only since I am not very practiced at it! 

If my partner doesn't love it here are some of my other ideas:

3 comments:

  1. Ooo beautiful. I wish I had bought some more of that Good Fortune fabric (well, actually, wish I had all of them!). I like the design you had that looked sort of like a rainbow, really curious to see how that would look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric for the bee! Can't wait to sew with it. I made my first quilt with Good Folks, and it's still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric for the bee! Can't wait to sew with it. I made my first quilt with Good Folks, and it's still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete