Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things you didn't know... or maybe you did.

1. I haven't bought a single inch of fabric (any) in a month. I'd like to say it's because I'm thrifty or something, but really, we're pretty poor these days.

2. Whenever I need a good cry I turn to youtube. usually the culprit of the sad tears are kids with cancer and the related videos (try searching for "he's my son" by Mark Schultz seriously). Then there are the infant/pregnancy loss songs ("held" by Natalie Grant). Then finally I sometimes make it to happy... which includes videos of kids getting their hearing aids and/or cochlear implants turned on for the first time. Mostly though I get wrapped up in the sad ones... it's like picking a scab - you know you're going to be all torn up when you're done but you can't stop.

3. Two of my three sewing machines are pretty much broken/out of commission. One of these days I'll take them in to be fixed... but until then I'm using my old old machine from Jr High... I just named her Betty. She's a White (hehe Betty White). I'm missing the detachable compartment that she came with (it's back at my parent's house somewhere I'm sure) ... so I managed to tape cardstock and a roll of batting as a makeshift piecing area. I'll take some pictures it's really lame looking! It's working though. I fear that it's affecting my piecing though. It's not quite at the quality that my sewing normally is.

4. My friend Amy came to visit this week. It was great to see her and she's officially the only person to have visited me in all four places I've lived since moving here (well until my parents visit here that is). Pretty cool! :)

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I know what you mean about the good cry, I usually cry to some music or poetry. crappy to hear about your sewing machines still not working! Ugh, frustrating! I was glad to visit you and sorry to miss you at the meeting, hope you had a good time visiting :)
    Emily

    ReplyDelete