Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Another chance


PTS mosaic
My mosaic for the PTS6
Pillow Talk Swap 6 is starting up again! I debated a little bit about whether or not I wanted to join up again. On the one hand I've received beautiful pieces of work in this swap - and have been challenged to new creativeness, but on the other hand last round I didn't even get an email thank you from my partner. I will try to bite my tongue here - and I have resisted posting this until now. I know people get busy etc, or maybe I didn't hit the mark with the pillow I sent. Either way I worked hard and spent my time, energy, and money to send out a unique package for my partner. 

So this time around I'm taking a chance and hoping that my work will be better received this time around. I've heard of a swapper who has requested their work back when they weren't even acknowledged/thanked. I won't go that far, but a personal thank you would have been nice. I just wonder though, did she even enjoy it? I cut up one of my Rome ties for that pillow! 

In all I'm joining up again because I love the challenge that this swap poses. There are a lot of talented and gracious people in this swap and I really am inspired by that. 

I really didn't intend for this post to be about that... but that's how life goes sometimes. I'm not going to hide out on my own blog. I hope in my heart that it was just a misunderstanding on my former partner's part. Maybe the swap etiquette isn't that clear... but still. 

7 comments:

  1. I loved your last pillow and am sorry to hear you didn't get a little thank you. That would be really disappointing! I love your mosaic (and not just because you selected one of my blocks-- thanks!); I hope we get paired up one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm glad you joined up, I know that I would love a pillow from you :) I'm sorry to hear that you didn't hear from your partner in the last round, that stinks, I sure hope it was just a case of life getting in the way, I know we've all been there, but I can certainly understand your disappointment. Here's hoping this round will be a happier one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I have yet to enter a swap...one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aieeee! I think the swap etiquette is perfectly clear and there is no reason for someone not to take the time required to write a personal thank you. I'm sorry that happened to you and I hope you have better luck this round. I would write a gushing thank you note if I were ever lucky enough to be your partner in a round of swapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack it is irksome when someone doesn't thank isn't it! I didn't get thanked by my dolls quilt partner after all the work I went to and even ordering fabric specially for it from USA. Then the next 2 swaps I did I got given the same partner for both swaps and my partner dropped out of the swaps just after I sent my goodies. So not only did she not thank me but left both her partner'sin need of angels :( such bad ettiquette and I ordered fabric for her specially too. Almost put me off swaps until a kind mama talked me back.in again so I completely know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is irksome. I was in a swap where it said you were supposed to show a the small quilt hanging in a photo. I never got that photo. But I remembered that in the past when my partner failed to even send mini quilt or answer emails owed that its best to go into swaps for the experience and not count on receiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My partner didn't bother to tell me she got mine either or even post a pic to the group. She just took it and ran. Add to that, I was the VERY last person to get one and it was an angel pillow to boot (which was absolutely gorgeous and gracious of its creator to take pity on me). HOPEFULLY we both have better luck this time!

    ReplyDelete