Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bee Blocks & Round Robins

I just finished my round for this month in the Round Robin hosted by the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild. For those of you who don't yet know (as I didn't understand prior to joining this) a Round Robin is where each person makes a center block of a certain size following a certain technique (here we did applique) then each month the quilts are switched on a rotation so that several people get a chance to work on it. Each "round" has a different theme. The theme for this month was diamonds. 

This month I worked on Terri's quilt. I'd never pieced diamonds before, and I typically don't do intricate borders in such a way (like more traditional quilts would have an intricately pieced border around the whole quilt). I really enjoyed the challenge this time, and worked hard to use my signature tiny piecing (the main border added was just 1.5" wide!. Unfortunately, I ran out of the yellow and the green that I used to piece those triangles... so I sub'd in the yellow strips on either side. Overall I'm extremely happy with this, and I can't wait to see how mine is looking!!!


 Here's my {Sew} Beautiful bee block for September. AnneMarie had us do pinwheels - which surprisingly was my first try at pinwheels. I've done many HST's though so they're not too different. It was really satisfying how quickly this came together!

1 comment:

  1. Love the greens! There aren't too many green blocks I sent out. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete