Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Just playing

I'm a bit in between projects right now (who am I kidding I have about half a dozen up in the air!)...
I'm at a breaking point on a couple of my projects - waiting for supplies on a couple of them, waiting for further instruction on another. 


I didn't want to start anything new, but came across these random tiny blocks from a year ago. I decided to play with them a little bit. Give them some fresh air and bring them out of the dark closet for a little bit. 

I added a couple borders and pieced a couple of the blocks into sections. I was really diving into it, and I kept thinking, "What should I do with this quilt? Who can I give it to that would actually appreciate it for it's craziness?" It hit me, my sister. :) So this one is going to you Roseann! I hope she likes it. I have no solid layout in my head. None.

So far I'm thinking scrappy but with a limited color combo (limited pink and purple), and I may attempt to come up with a cool quote or something to write in free-pieced letter blocks. 

Don't you just love it when a random sewing night really ignites a lot of fun ideas? I'm excited to keep working on this!!

10 comments:

  1. it is so exciting to get that boost of creative energy when you are just working with what you've got. I am liking the fun/crazy style so far and i bet Roseann will be excited about the randomness too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to bring unfinished stuff out of the closet? I think it almost feels better than working on new, cuz your piece didn't get purged! Looks like you have a lot of fun stuff on your blog to search through. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister will love it! I should be digging in drawers for unfinished blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roseann does LOVE it! I saw that you added this pic on facebook and I hoped it was mine, the color's, the love block, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a very fun project. Hope it all goes to plan =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like where this is going. Love the letters! I, too, have about 8 unfinished quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far this is absolutely fabulous! Your sis will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete