Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sending some love...

Have you ever noticed just how much you can cram into a flat rate envelope? If you have then you're a quilter! We've got a special knack for being able to make the best of every little bit of space!

anna maria horner box pouch

A couple weeks ago the rates for flat rate envelopes (international) increased significantly... so that pretty pouch I made for Shruti ages ago? It needed to be shipped! Of course I've been adding little bits and pieces to that package over the last couple months.

tiny wonky star

Here are the highlights of the package: Echino deer fabric, Some other bits of fabric, a package of my fav. Frixion pens, one of my favorite candy bars, a little mini quilt made of those pearler beads, and of course the fab pouch.


But what I really sent off in that package? Some love.


It's hard to explain quilting friendships. And it's even harder to explain them when it's a friend that you've known for years, yet they live on the other side of the world, and you've never met in real life. I suppose not many non-quilters have friendships like that. But I do, and I'm glad. This is another example of how participating in the online quilt community has changed my life. Imagine, this friendship started from a flickr swap! Yep, I received the awesomest quilt from Shruti in the Doll Quilt Swap a couple rounds back!

One day I'll make it out to India, or Shruti will travel here - we'll meet.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention - I sent a couple boxes of Kraft Mac N Cheese too. Since Shruti's son should have the chance to try it!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED how much you could and did put into the box... And I must also thank Wally for a great job! Yes, girl one day we will surely meet! :) AAdi loved Mac n Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good friend!

    Perler bead quilt?? Awesome!! I want to convince my growing-up-too-fast son to try and make one, our crafty time is together is slowly coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous package.
    I wish we had flat rate envelopes over here. They sound like a fun challenge ;0)

    ReplyDelete