Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sew Thinky Thursday: Week 8



It's that time of week again, where we chat about our sewing habits. This week's question is pretty easy for me, and I'm excited to read your answers too.

Who do you like to sew for the most?

zip pouches
These were all pouches my sister had with her - on a weekend trip to my house. 
I like sewing for everyone. My first gut response to this question was to say that I like to sew for my sister Roseann. She's always enthusiastic about receiving my stuff - and she has a particular way of using the pouches I make for her in such a way that I see her use them all the time. I suppose I could broaden that to say that I really like sewing for my family, but some of them are more appreciative than others.

Lindsey was more than excited to receive her quilt!

I would also have to add on to say that I especially love making things for swap friends and sewing friends. Swaps are fun because I can work to try to pick out the person's favorite fabrics, and favorite styles -- that's not possible for non quilters. People who don't quilt don't have favorites like we do. :) I love being able to make a random pouch or mug rug for a guild friend on a whim too. It is always nice to be on the receiving end of that sort of thing -- but to be able to give a little gift "just because" it's fun.

I promise if I give you a quilt, Allie will break it in for you.
Then of course there's Allie. She's four and has been well trained to say "oh pretty quilt mommy!!" (lol). She wants to wrap herself up in every single quilt I make - no matter who it's for - she tests it out first. There's nothing more delightful (or terrifying) than a pre-schooler who runs up to your most recent quilt finish, grabs it, hugs and cuddles it, and rolls around the floor wrapping herself in it. It's exciting, but scary (she's not always aware of, say, that chocolate on her face)!

Handmade from the very beginning... she's well trained at receiving quilted goodies.

I guess that means that I like making things for people. Quilty things make people happy, and I like that. :)

How about you? Who do you like to make things for??

Write a post answering this week's question and then come back to link up with us.
Don't forget to check out everyone else's answers and leave some comment love.

No comments:

Post a Comment