Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sewing with friends!

I'm slowly getting back into my groove sewing! This has been helped along by some awesome friends. 

Last week Sara invited Emily and I over to sew. Lucky for me her schedule is the same as mine (sewing after putting her kids to bed!) - so it was super easy to clear time to go sew!

I'm pretty lucky to have local sewing friends like this. It was a refreshing night - a chance to hang out and socialize and sew a little bit too! 

Vintage singer 301a

I brought my vintage Singer 301a machine with me - I'd really never sewn with this machine for any length of time, so it was a real treat to get to know her a bit better! It was pretty amusing since I'm so set in my ways with my Juki (I especially missed the knee lift bar). I didn't have any real problems, but I'm fairly sure that I wound the bobbin wrong when I started a new thread color. No big deal I'm sure I'll figure that out, but I'll have to look at the manual next time.

I worked on a cute little bunting for a friend of mine, Emily sewed the lining into a fabulous dress, and Sara worked on some crazy awesome quilt blocks. Keep your eye out for those on her blog, they're pretty great! 

In all it was a really great night. We stayed up a bit late, and had some yummy Thai food. We Chatted about all sorts of things (and maybe realized that Emily and I are overwhelmingly chatty?). And of course we did sew too.

Sadly I didn't get any good pictures of our sewing time. Just the one good one of my machine (if you look closely Sara is in the background lol).

2 comments: