Monday, September 2, 2013

Last days of summer, first days of school, and moving across town!

WOW where did this month go?? 

Yep, these are all mug rugs!

We have completely finished moving - all the boxes are moved (not unpacked just yet), and the keys to the old place have been turned in. Whew! What an adventure!


The sad thing about moving is that I've had no time for sewing. None. I sewed a bit at the August Chicago MQG meeting - but I didn't get any pics of the HST's since my camera battery was dead. Yep, that happened. I lost my camera battery charger and cords... for almost two weeks! (thankfully they turned up!)


So here's what I have to show for my month. Pics from the local farm, boxes and stacks of fabric to be packed, a cousin's wedding, allie's first day of kindergarten!! (Kindergarten!!)


I can say that my new sewing area is cute - not a whole room like my last place, but it'll do just fine. I do have to buy an ironing board though -- that's the only reason I'm not sewing right now! For the past few years I've used a folded towel on my hard wood tabletop... it worked great so why mess with it?? Well, now I'm using a different (nicer) table so I'm going to need an ironing board. 



3 comments:

  1. Moving is rough on the sewing...hope you're getting all settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an extra ironing board. I wish I lived closer so I could give it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't help but notice there is a dog in one of these pics. Did you get a pet with the new place? I need Emily updates STAT!

    ReplyDelete